Stretching Your Dollar$

Stretching Your Dollar$

Wednesday

Yes you can eat "real" food if you coupon...


How I fed my family of 5 dinner for just .29 cents!

-I always laugh when people say you can't feed your kids "real" food when you coupon or that couponing is not for people who cook from "scratch". I am a busy mom I don't have time to whip up a batch of pasta making the noodles from scratch but I still manage to feed my kids "real" food :) 
Last week I was able to get Progresso Recipe Starters for .29 cents. I have never used them so I went to their website (which I found on the back of the label on the can) to see what recipes looked good. I clicked on the cheese can and found this recipe, which I changed to fit what I already had on hand. I used 1 Zucchini from my garden, Tyson All Natural Ground Chicken (I got for FREE w/doublers at Walmart), Cabot Cheddar Cheese (got for FREE w/doublers at Walmart), Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce (got for FREE w/doublers at Albertsons), Rigatoni Pasta (got for FREE with $1/1 coupon at Albertsons) and 1 can of Progresso Recipe Starter (got for .29 cents at Albertsons after my coupon rounded up to $1/1). So I was able to make this meal for my family for just .29 cents. 
I added a little extra BBQ sauce to my bowl because I am not a fan of the smoked cheese taste in the sauce but other than that it was a hit in my house. It was the first time I tried ground chicken and I couldn't even tell the difference it was great, and even though I didn't raise the chicken and butcher it in my back yard it was still "real" all natural chicken (and even healthy for you). lol 
Wondering how I got my cheese for FREE???
*We will be getting doublers in Sunday's newspaper go here to sign up for Cabot newsletter and you'll get a $1/1 coupon which you can double at Walmart making the small bricks of cheese FREE!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed