Stretching Your Dollar$

Stretching Your Dollar$

Wednesday

Can you cook fast healthy meals if you coupon? YES!

What's Cookin??

-Is it possible to cook fast healthy meals if you coupon??? YES...
The other night I knew by the time I got home I wouldn't have much time to get dinner for my family so before we left I put some chicken breast, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, carrots, broccoli, and some Mrs. Dash into my crockpot on high for 4 hours. When we got back home I added 3 biscuits to the crockpot and cooked for another hour (which gave me enough time to get everyone situated before dinner). This dinner was very easy, inexpensive and my family loved it. My boys like to add saltine crackers to theirs. 

*I used canned carrots (.25 cents), 1 can of broth (.20 cents), 1 can of cream of chicken (.25 cents), broccoli (free from my garden), chicken ($1.00), biscuits (.09 cents) and mrs. dash (free) so my total cost for the meal was $1.79!! I was able to get all of these items with coupons (the chicken I bought on sale and the broccoli from my garden). So hope this answers your question.


No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed