Stretching Your Dollar$

Stretching Your Dollar$

Wednesday

My Albertson's Trip: Stock up on chicken

My Albertson's Trip

Spent: $49.21 ($2.84 of it was tax)  Saved: $79.65    # Items: 21 Items

-I got 13 packages of signature boneless skinless chicken breast/tenders, 2 packages of shrimp, 4 packages of Oscar Mayer lunch meat, 1 Bob's Red Mill Wheat Germ, and 1 tub of Albertson's Fat Free Sour Cream.

*I was driving by the Albertson's in Caldwell on Blaine when I noticed a big sign that said chicken $1.69 lb. Since I'm down to only a few packs of chicken I couldn't resist stopping to see if they had any chicken left, since it's always sold out when I do happen to see their sign. Sure enough they had some chicken :) :) so I decided to stock up. The two packs of shrimp had a $1/1 manager's special coupon, the Bob's Red Mill Wheat Germ was marked down to $1.19 (we use these in fruit smoothies), the lunch meat was $1.00 and I had .50/2 coupon which rounded up to $1/2 making them .50 cents each. The fat free sour cream was $1.69 I didn't have a coupon for it but I needed it and I'm still under budget so I grabbed it. So even though I only used 2 coupons I still saved almost $80 just buy waiting for my chicken to go on sale. I saved almost 50% on each pack of chicken I bought and it's the signature brand which already has the fat trimmed. :)

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed